Chair-capacity limited, so take your own chair! And full = full!
* Alice in Dixieland celebrates her 40th anniversary!
* Painting of Alice in Dixielandby the famous poet and painter LUCEBERT (1991)!
* March: next week we’ll finish the CD-Recording at O.A.P.-studio of Barry Olthof! The release of the CD will be in June.
* February: Concert in Lokschuppen Jever:
a very friendly welcome with Kuchen und Bier, enthousiastic audience and fantastic atmosphere!
Our new “SWING”-sister:
Alice in Jazzyland!
A new flyer!
* Harsewinkel – Germany
* A new idea to develop: we are setting up a new band, called Alice in Jazzyland, especially for our fans, who like the music of the swingperiod more than dixieland-music. Click HERE for the website.
* Amaia went to Spain and South-America and we’re rehearsing now with our wonderful new pianoplayer Mi Jin Kim. We also decided to make a new Video-clip with short fragments of our music. You’ll find the definite plans about it later these months!
* Yes! Amaia got her master degree at the Conservatory of Utrecht with a very inspiring final exam. She translated all jazzstandards in Bask language and played and sung it by herself, accompagnied by the nice musicians Hans Mantel-doublebass and Alexis Makatselos-drums. Congratulations!
* Sadly the founder of jazzclub Uden – Edo Stouten – has passed away. A big loss for all, musically as personnally. The jazzclub members unfortunately decided to end all their activities. A sad story.
* Yes, we found a very nice pianoplayer: Mi Jin Kim, from Korea. Welcome!
* Singer Marit van der Lei
will join us this year, because Louise has a big project to work on: “Fiere Vrouwen”; a theatrical concertprogram with only female singers, musicians, writers and composers.
* Our pianoplayer Amaia has plans to live in South-America, so we were looking for a new female pianoplayer, who loves the oldstyle jazz and likes to travel through Europe!
Czestochowa HOT JAZZ SPRING (Poland)
* A nice concert called”Ladies night” at the Filharmonie on a big stage in this beautiful city. After the concert a very enthousiastic jamsession at the Jazzclub with musicians from several bands, like the Five O’clock Orchestra
46. Internationales Dixieland festival Dresden
* A week with 38 bands and 400.000 people public! We played on one of the 8 steamboats, at the airport, at the Altmarkt, Lillienstein-stage, Open-air-stage and at the Parade through the whole city. A fabulous Festival!
Women in Jazz
Agora Theatre Lelystad (NL)
Jazz Concert Aachen
The enthousiastic public in Aachen! Thanks a lot!