August in Sweden: Hällevik TradJazzfestival and JinJazz Nynäshamn
May: 50th International Dixieland Festival Dresden!
New female drummer!
We’re very happy that we can welcome Italian drummer Agnese Valmaggia to our band! Just graduated from Amsterdam Conservatory, she is very enthousiastic to join us!
We’re still very sad that Corona doesn’t allow us to play live concerts, BUT!: in summer we’ll play on festivals in Germany, Holland and Denmark! See “Concerts”. For next year 2022 we’re invited to the 50th International Dixielandfestival Dresden again, to Schalkwijk (NL) and?
In the meanwhile we are looking for a new young talented drummer, because Lielian will leave us to be able to concentrate on her “favourite things”. Thanks Lielian for your great creativity, enthousiasm and super-positive influence on the band!
We’re very sad that all concerts of all musicians in Holland are canceled till June 1st. And that all the festivals are postponed to next year, BUT: Hopefully we can join and meet you again next season and bring you stunning performances with a lot of joy again! We can’t wait! In the meantime we’re preparing new songs to enjoy! Keep posted.
Just finished our tour through Denmark! Kopenhagen Jazz festival, Middelfart and Jonstrup festival. It was great!
Rehearsal in the countryside for our concert in Zuidwolde
Leadsinger Marit van der Lei will join us at this year’s concerts!
Welcome, Marit and Louise: thank you so much for the years you let us enjoy your fantastic singing and great personality!
* Loosdrecht jazz festival: September 14th at 19.00 hr.
* Bremen Jazz & Swing am Lesumhafen
August 25th at 17.00 hr. and 26th at 12.00 hr.
* August : 23 International bands, 8 stages, 3 days long
in the beautiful South of Sweden!
Alice will play:
10th at Smokerings (19.45-21.30)
11th Festivaltältet (12.00-13.45)
11th Hanöhus (18.30-20.30)
A great festival!
* CD-presentation with Midas Dekkers – June 24th Elsrijk Amstelveen (NL)
* Yes to Jazz – Radio-interview with Kent Hanson
* Alice in Dixieland celebrates her 40th anniversary!
* Painting of Alice in Dixieland by the famous poet and painter LUCEBERT (1991)!
* March: next week we’ll finish the CD-Recording at O.A.P.-studio of Barry Olthof! The release of the CD will be in June.
* February: Concert in Lokschuppen Jever:
a very friendly welcome with Kuchen und Bier, enthousiastic audience and fantastic atmosphere!
Our new “SWING”-sister:
Alice in Jazzyland!
A new flyer!
* Harsewinkel – Germany
* A new idea to develop: we are setting up a new band, called Alice in Jazzyland, especially for our fans, who like the music of the swingperiod more than dixieland-music. Click HERE for the website.
* Amaia went to Spain and South-America and we’re rehearsing now with our wonderful new pianoplayer Mi Jin Kim. We also decided to make a new Video-clip with short fragments of our music. You’ll find the definite plans about it later these months!
* Yes! Amaia got her master degree at the Conservatory of Utrecht with a very inspiring final exam. She translated all jazzstandards in Bask language and played and sung it by herself, accompagnied by the nice musicians Hans Mantel-doublebass and Alexis Makatselos-drums. Congratulations!
* Sadly the founder of jazzclub Uden – Edo Stouten – has passed away. A big loss for all, musically as personnally. The jazzclub members unfortunately decided to end all their activities. A sad story.
* Yes, we found a very nice pianoplayer: Mi Jin Kim, from Korea. Welcome!
* Singer Marit van der Lei
will join us this year, because Louise has a big project to work on: “Fiere Vrouwen”; a theatrical concertprogram with only female singers, musicians, writers and composers.
* Our pianoplayer Amaia has plans to live in South-America, so we were looking for a new female pianoplayer, who loves the oldstyle jazz and likes to travel through Europe!
Czestochowa HOT JAZZ SPRING (Poland)
* A nice concert called”Ladies night” at the Filharmonie on a big stage in this beautiful city. After the concert a very enthousiastic jamsession at the Jazzclub with musicians from several bands, like the Five O’clock Orchestra
46. Internationales Dixieland festival Dresden
* A week with 38 bands and 400.000 people public! We played on one of the 8 steamboats, at the airport, at the Altmarkt, Lillienstein-stage, Open-air-stage and at the Parade through the whole city. A fabulous Festival!
Women in Jazz
Agora Theatre Lelystad (NL)
Jazz Concert Aachen
The enthousiastic public in Aachen! Thanks a lot!